Kids these days prefer to stay home and spend their time on their gadgets. We all know that devices bring so much help in today’s society. It is so lovely to think that our lives are becoming much more comfortable with this new technology. Given the advantages that we are benefiting from today, we all know that so much attached to gadgets and not exercising or merely breathing the fresh air outside our homes will be bad for our health. Being so much exposed to the virtual world and choosing to lay down all day without moving will cause us and our kids to have health issues at a young age.
Interesting Games to Initiate
Before, kids are spending most of their time outside playing with friends or classmates. Before today’s technology takes place the parts of the human playmates, the surrounding is filled with laughter and excitement from the yelling, shouts, and voices of kids making most of their time and doing all they can to win from their playmates. Bonding time and being sociable is so essential even these days. Convincing the kids to play outside may be challenging for parents. Having this list of outdoor games for kids may help to make them move and enjoy staying outdoors:
1. Hide and Seek
Hide and sick is the ultimate game of all time! Popular game hide and seek, surely experienced by our grandparents too. It can be played by both children and adults together. This game can help develop kids to be sociable. By playing this, you will be encouraging your kids to run and hide which is excellent for their bodies. They can also be creative and exercise their thinking by wondering for a new right fun spot to hide every game. Playing it is also great for social and emotional development because they will undoubtedly experience losses too. They will know how to handle their emotions when losing to a game. There is also a toy that can be used in this game. This toy releases sound, so kids will use their sense of hearing in finding it.
2. Chinese Jump Rope
Playing jumping rope is a good exercise too. Playing with this more often will keep the kids in shape and healthy. It improves the coordination of the body and requires a little kids’ concentration to make it. Kids will surely love this, especially if they are kids with so much energy and love moving always. If you do some stretching first before jumping, you will reduce the chance of pulled muscle, allowing you to do jumping for a long time. Playing the Chinese jump requires 3 players. 2 players will hold the elastic jump rope on both sides, and the other will jump.
Marbles were portable toys that kids can bring everywhere they want. Before, kids used to collect lots of marbles and play with their friends. Playing marbles is fun and simple but it is actually a game that requires thinking and encouraging kids to think strategically about winning against opponents. They must have good motor skills to flick the shooter with enough force to knock competitors out. They will also learn to concentrate and have visual coordination while playing this game. It is also essential that they will learn how to play with others and communicate rationally. They will not only enjoy, but they will also make friends. Marbles are not intended for kids younger aged 3-years-old and below or the kids who put the toy in their mouths.
4. Toss and Catch Game
Toss and catch game can be enjoyed by the whole family. It is beneficial for adults and kids alike to play this game. By engaging in this game, you can encourage kids to stay active and healthy. It is a great game to introduce to children. Playing toss and catch game may serve as a workout not only for kids but also for adults. Playing this will make your heart beat faster, which makes your heart healthy and can also result in stronger muscles—a great game to do for bonding time in the family.
5. Rocket Play Game
Even adults will surely enjoy this one. Playing these rocket is fun that will excite your kids as they play. They will be engaged in learning about science and technology, engineering, and mathematics through play because they have to figure out how things will work. They will discover how to adjust angles and use their force to jump to make the rocket fly.
- FUN FOAM TOY ROCKET LAUNCHER - Run. Jump. Launch! Kids will have a blast while blasting off with this fantastically fun foam toy rocket launcher. Durably designed and reliably built to withstand endless hours of jumping, stomping and playtime! Safe for ages 3+.
- HOURS OF OUTDOOR EXCITEMENT - This awesome kids toy provides harmless dynamic entertainment that lets kids burn up all that extra energy while having the time of their lives! The set includes six full foam rockets in three fun colors plus a folding yellow stand.
- SOAR UP TO 100 FT HIGH! Watch rockets soar up to an incredible 100 feet in the air with the perfect stomp. MotoWorx toy rockets are backyard-friendly and parent-approved and won't shoot so far that kids lose track of them. Have fun in the yard, park or playground!
6. Pogo Jump
Kids love jumping. This pogo stick is made with durable foam that is bouncy and fun to use. It can be used indoor and outdoor. Using this more often, your child will be good at balancing; they will have the opportunity to develop their motor skills and have good hand-eye coordination. By merely bouncing while playing, they will have a healthy body.
7. Scooter Ride
It will be much easier to encourage to play outside if you have a scooter as lovely as this one. Kids will learn to develop their balance by riding a scooter. They will also enhance their motor skills and will have an enjoyable time staying under the sun.
- Fawn Toys 3-Wheel Junior Kick Scooter Flashing Wheels/Lean to Turn/Indoor/Outdoor 2-6 Yrs
8. Giant Bubble Play
I do not know if kids that don’t love bubbles exist. Adults, too, love seeing bubbles as they rise to the sky and go with the wind. Having a giant wand kit will amaze kids; and will be enticing for them. This bubble maker is durable, lightweight, and easy to use for the whole family to enjoy. Playing bubbles is a fantastic way to spend time with your kids outdoors during summertime.
- 😍 UNIMAGINABLY GIANT BUBBLES: These giant bubble wands create long, GIANT bubbles thanks to a 2-handle design, which has been used to set every big bubble world record in the last 30 years. Passers-by will be sure to say "WOW... Amazing"!
- 🗽 BUBBLE SOLUTION IS MADE IN THE USA! The WOWmazing Giant Bubble Concentrate is proudly made in the USA. It is safe, environmentally friendly, non-toxic, and biodegradable! We focus on quality and you can trust you're getting a premium, reliable, and superior product.
- 🌞 COMPLETE KIT: The 4-piece WOWmazing Kit contains everything you need to create bubbles that are big, colorful, and fun: a set of giant bubble maker, 2 pouches of WOWmazing Bubble Concentrate, and a Tip & Tricks booklet to help you become a master bubble creator!
9. Climbing Monkey Bars
These monkey bars were lightweight, portable, and easy to assemble to be both indoors and outdoors. Kids will love to use all their extra energy climbing and jumping with these bars. Always playing active will help them have a good healthy body and developed muscles too.
- Endless Play: Let children enjoy endless fun and active playtime with the Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Climbing Tower. Will quickly become a favorite backyard activity toy and home playground for toddlers
- Durable: Interlocking plastic tubes and connectors with double self-locking springs make this set hard-wearing and tough, yet surprisingly lightweight and easy to assemble.
- High Quality: The Eezy Peezy Monkey Bars Climbing Tower is made of high quality plastic material that features UV protection for long lasting outdoor play in the sun.
10. Radio Flyer Deluxe Ride
This good-looking toy is for 3-7 years old. Spending much time outside is much fun and exciting having it. It will be doing exercise while having fun. Riding it will serve as a workout for kids. This will help them develop their muscles.
- LARGE 16” WHEEL: This chopper-style tricycle has a large 16” front tire. The performance grip tread prevents spinning out
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT: The adjustable seat grows with your toddler to ensure years of fun. This outdoor toy is recommended for kids 3 – 7 years
- CHROME DETAILS: The chrome handlebars add to the sleek design while the hand grips add comfort
Hopscotch is a simple yet fun game. In this game, the player has a marker. Usually, it is a stone or something flat, thrown, and stays in place. The main goal is to hop on every circle without putting the other foot down and skipping the one shape where the marker has landed. In playing this game, the children will learn to balance and master body control. Hand and eye coordination, too, is needed.
12. Shooting Game
The shooting game is fun and exciting to do. The whole family can enjoy it. They have to shoot the foam ball to the target, scoring as many points as possible. The one with the highest scores wins the game, and it can compete with the whole family. The toys were made of nontoxic materials for the child’s safety; easy to assemble and use.
13. Ring Toss Game
The ring toss game is a classic party game that can be played by adults too. Playing this with the family will surely be fun, plus the kids will learn to work together and team spirit. Kids will also develop their hand-eye coordination as well as their motor skills while playing this game. It will be a beneficial game for all.
- Introducing the Elite Sportz Ring Toss - the perfect outdoor game for kids! This classic game is great for family fun, birthday parties, and backyard barbecues. It's a simple and fun way to keep kids entertained and active outdoors.
- The Elite Sportz Ring Toss comes with 5 durable rope rings and a sturdy wooden base with score markings. The rings are easy to throw and the base is designed to withstand the elements, so you can play this game again and again.
- This fun-filled game is perfect for developing hand-eye coordination, motor skills, and social skills. Kids will love competing with each other and trying to beat their own scores. Plus, it's a great way to get them outside and away from screens.
14. Bubble Blast
Babies, preschoolers, and toddlers will find playing with bubbles fun. They will surely enjoy blowing bubbles outside and watch them as they rose to the sky. By merely playing with bubbles, the toddlers can develop their visual tracking skills, by following the bubbles by sight to which direction the bubbles will go. Blowing bubbles may be simple for adults, but as for the little ones, it will take them to focus and maybe calm themselves while trying to produce one. They will also have the opportunity to develop their sensory skills because bubbles were slimy, wet, and sticky. In blowing, the kids’ little mouths will be exercised; it will not be that easy for them at first because blowing takes a lot of practice for little kids.
15. Tug of war
Playing tug of war requires a rope and a flag or piece of cloth that will serve as a marker on the rope’s center. It is a fun game that is played by both adults and kids. It is a game of strength, teamwork, and coordination. This game is suitable for family bondings too. The game requires two groups with an equal number of players, but two players only will also be useful, provided they must have the same age and strength. Each player will have to pull the rope backward or going to their side as hard as they can. The kids will learn to work as a team and to coordinate with each other to win.
16. Rope jumping
Rope jumping is just a simple old game, but it brings a lot of benefits. It is a fun game that can be played solo or with friends. Studies show that jumping activities and gymnastics improve total bone mineral in children with type 1 diabetes and encourage regular physical activity to enhance peak bone mass and prevent osteoporosis later in life. (Maggio AB) Doing jumping rope is tiring, but it burns calories and condition the body to be more alert and function well.
There is a soccer set that is just right for your backyard. Kids can have much fun learning soccer and improve motor skills, coordination, and social skills. Practicing basic soccer drills with family may encourage the littles ones to pursue this sport.
- Red/Orange, Orange/Blue, Blue/Green
- All in one set: This set includes (1) 36 inches x 24 inches x 24 inches mini soccer net, (1) mini soccer ball, and an inflation pump with needle so you have everything you need to play
- Great for kids: This mini soccer set is perfect for youth soccer players and toddlers who are just starting to learn the game
18. Water Baloon Fight
Playing with water balloons may bring so much fun, especially when summer. Water balloon fights can help establish team bondings by providing team-building efforts, and it can also be a stress reliever and a good exercise.
Swimming is enjoyable to do, especially during hot days. Studies show that swimming aids in supporting brain and body connection, children’s brains were stimulated during exercise, leading to intelligence. (Weronica) Getting used to playing in the pool and learning how to swim will boost confidence in children. If they gain confidence in swimming, they can mingle free, gain friends while swimming, and relax their minds. Here is a set of toys that can be used to make swimming much enjoyable: Disney Finding Dory Mr. Ray’s Dive and Catch Game. With this toy, kids were encouraged to practice swimming. The toys were to be tossed in the pool, and the kids will try to retrieve them. Each character toys will float on different depths, so it will be fun retrieving them.
Basketball is undeniably a famous game. Everyone knows about it, even though you are not a fan of it. Playing basketball builds stronger muscle and endurance. Players will also learn the importance of good sportsmanship and develop social and teamwork skills. Playing it requires a lot of energy, and it burns calories. Kids will also learn to respect rules and the authorities or coaches assigned to the game. Here is the toy that can be purchased to start introducing your kids to this sport: YNEFY Portable Basketball Hoop & Goal Stand
21. Sidewalk Drawing
There are a lot of things that kids can do while outside. If your kids were creative rather than sporty, they could still practice drawing under the sunshine. Develop children’s creativity more with Crayola Washable Sidewalk Chalk. This set of chalk was consist of 18 unique colors to enjoy. It is also an excellent bonding for family, drawing lovely illustrations on the sidewalk. It can be easily be removed using a garden hose or rain. Crayola chalks were also nontoxic, so they are safe to use.
22. Stacking Backyard Game
The whole family can enjoy this stacking game, and any age can play it. It will be a great bonding with parents and kids, teaching the kids how to play it. With playing this, kids will learn o be patient and to take turns. This portable toy comes with a durable bag; it can be carried and enjoyed everywhere.
23. Kite Flying
Teaching a child how to fly a kite is an excellent parent-kid bond. Flying a kite is fun and can lighten up stress a little. It will be beneficial to both parents and kids to spend time together to play. The child will discover what the wind can do and learn how to combine it to pull the kite to make it fly.
- HUGE SIZE: 120×95cm, It is a Good Size for Both Adults and Children.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: High Quality Ripstop Polyester with Dye Sublimation Printing, will never fade. It is Especially Beautiful When the Sunshine Is on it.
- PERFECT GIFT: Kite, Handle with string, Assemble Instructions and Storage Bag are all included. It is a FABULOUS GIFT for boys and girls.
24. Giant Tic Tac Toe
Big tic tac toe can be played both indoor and outdoor. Kids and adults can play and bond. With this game, the children will get used to more complex games. They will have the chance to think hard to win. Playing this game will help develop the children’s coordination, fine motor skills, and visual skills. They will also be obliged to focus or concentrate. And most importantly, they will learn to abide by the rules and take turns.
Playing sports will bring a lot of benefits both physically and mentally. Being physically active will help to boost the immune and brain system. Badminton is one of the old yet fun games. Playing it will require the players to use almost all of their body parts. It will be a good exercise to do to stay active and keep a healthy body.
26. Lawn Darts
Families can have quality time playing lawn darts. They will surely enjoy their time together playing and bonding. Some of the lawn darts were made glow in the dark to be enjoyed even if its getting dark. It is great to play lawn dart on beaches too.
Kickball is a game that will improve your muscle strength. It is an excellent outdoor game that brings so much benefit to both kids and adults. Playing this game more often will result in more robust and healthier bones and muscles.
Children that are playing with balls can have tons of developmental benefits from it. Plus, it will serve as a good exercise for the whole family playing it. The trackball set contains two oversized rackets to catch the balls quickly and two balls. Players will enjoy running and catching the ball. This playset can be a fantastic gift to kids starting the age of 6 and up.
29. Rubber Horseshoes
This game is great to play outdoors; both adults and kids can enjoy using it. These horseshoes were lightweight, good enough for youngsters to have an introduction to playing horseshoes. These can be played in the yard, time for kids to enjoy the sun as well. Since the materials used in this toy set were light, it can be bought indoors and the kids may continue playing when the weather goes bad.
The best age to start playing volleyball is 8-10 years-old. Volleyball is learned first, usually at school. Playing volleyball will positively affect the bodies of kids, plus they will learn to be sociable. Joining a volleyball team may help kids gain confidence, be responsible, work harder, target to win, and have disciple and courage.
Playing baseball will not only benefit your child to help build a healthy body. It also help children to develop their patience and focus. Kids need to focus when playing baseball so that they may be able to act with alertness and be patient enough to wait for their turn. With this game, children may develop a friendship. Traning them as kids will surely benefit them as they grow, learn, and engage in this sport.
There are still a lot of outdoor games that are not on the list above. This list alone proves that there are still many ways to convince children to go outside and play. Introducing these games to your techy or gadget-savvy child will bring lots of health and mental benefits compared to online games. It is also an opportunity for parents and kids to bond. When exposed to dust and grimes, our bodies develop our immune systems, and we will have the power to combat viruses and bacteria. Breathing fresh air is also vital for blood circulation. Saving the kids from getting so much more profound in today’s rich technology is also protecting their bodies from the harmful side effects of lack of movements.