BOB 2016 Ironman Jogging Stroller
“The Official Ironman Jogging Stroller”
The BOB 2016 Ironman Jogging Stroller runs on 3 16-inch air filled wheels where the front wheel is locked to allow for straighter paths while on the jog. The construction is such that the frame of light aluminum allows for lighter weight and thus results to faster runs. The handle bars can be adjusted to 9 different positions to adjust to the grip and the height of the parent/caregiver. Folding and storage is easy as it folds in just 2 steps and is compact enough to be carried in the trunk of an average sized car.
Note that since this is intended for outdoors, infants who are not able to hold their head yet are advised to be put on a car seat, harnessed and not directly on the stroller seat as there is no support for the baby’s neck. If this is to be used for running and with infants, it is advised that you get the car seat adapter.
- The 3 16-inche free rolling aired aluminum alloy wheels are made for pavement just like dirt bikes so it allows for a smooth ride where one feels that the stroller is like pushing itself;
- Front wheel is locked so you are assured that the stroller follows a straight path;
- The stroller can be paired with the BOB B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat by Britax so that you can use the stroller even for your small baby;
- Suspensions for the stroller are adjustable so that it can take any bumps in stride leaving the baby comfortably snuggled in the stroller;
- The seat can be reclined to different positions by just the push of a button so that the baby can be almost fully reclining or can sit upright and see everything while on the jog;
- Front and back wheels can be easily released for easy storage;
- A strap can be put on the hand so that there is no possibility of the stroller rolling off from the parent;
- The canopy shade ensures that the child is amply shaded throughout the jog: mom would not have to worry about the baby being exposed to elements as the shade is big.
- The Jogger is really for outdoor use: it cannot be used as a substitute for mall strolling or shopping as the baskets are really just for baby’s extra supplies;
- The wheels are big and a bit awkward when it is used indoors;
- The jogger is intended for infants who are already able to support their heads; for an infant, a car seat adapter is recommended so that there will be head support and harness which will secure the baby in place.
Notes on Review
The BOB 2016 Ironman Jogging Stroller is for the serious jogger. The jogger is made such that the materials are lightweight to allow for faster and smoother runs. Materials for the stroller are also of premium quality to ensure that this can be used many times over.
Brakes are hand activated to provide for greater control when going downhill of moving too fast. The 16-inch semi slick tires on aluminum alloy makes tires very lightweight as well and this contributes to the speed with which this stroller was made for.
This stroller is made for serious joggers but may also be used by parents with infants purchasing the car seat adapter which can give additional head support and harness to keep the baby in place safely.