Best baby food makers for making natural food
Introduction – What are baby food makers
What are baby food makers?
Nowadays, knowing how to split your time between being a caring parent for your baby and being the bread earner of your entire family is pivotal. We can wholeheartedly agree that there is just so much time that you can dedicate to one without risking to affect the other. This aspect holds true especially for mommies all around the globe, but that doesn’t mean daddies are less caring!
With the advent of baby food making technology, many gadgets that are meant to help us struggling parents all across the globe have been introduced in the market, and one such device is the baby food maker. Baby food makers have been available in Europe and the U.S. since the early 90s, and by the early 2000s, they had been introduced worldwide. Nowadays, a baby food maker is definitely considered a must both by aspiring parents and “specialized” parents alike. Baby food makers allow you to create your own homemade food for your baby.
However, not all baby food makers out there are ideal, so that’s why I decided to compile a list of the top baby food makers that exist in the market, and why they actually hold this moniker.
Advantages of Using Baby Food Makers
A baby food maker comes in handy anytime, and can help you save a lot of time and money in the long run. Let’s underline a few practical advantages of using baby food makers and why you should buy one today.
It is possible to make vegetable and fruit puree manually, or to prepare the infant formula in the same manner, and this is unfortunately done by many parents who have not heard of baby makers or do not want to buy one for whatever reason. I myself had struggled a lot of time prior to hearing about the best baby food maker that I still own today, but that’s not the case anymore. If you manage to get your hand on the best baby food maker out there, you can definitely save a lot of time and hassle.
You Have Control Over the Food
Many parents complain that pre-packaged foods usually contain some nutriments that might actually be allergens to their kids. Recent statistics reveal that the same parents opt for baby food makers so they have full control over the food their babies eat. This way, they do not complicate things any further and can worry about things that really matter.
It Makes Weaning Easier
When your baby gets to a certain age (usually 6 months, but even later depending on the baby), you – the mother – need to accustom him or her to food that is not your milk. This process is referred to as “weaning”. Baby food makers come in handy for this particular purpose, due to the ease of preparing the food. Another advantage is that you can serve the baby food that you also eat – just in the form of puree.
Many Additional Functions
Apart from the basic function of a baby food maker, which is to blend the food or prepare the infant formula, most of them also come with additional functions designed to enhance user experience. The most common additional functions that you can find in a basic baby food maker are temperature control, reheating, defrosting, steaming, etc.
Bunch of Bonus Items
The best baby food maker out there really manages to bridge the gap between cost and affordability. In other words, a baby food maker can help you save money thanks to the fact that it also comes packed with auxiliary items, such as cube trays for the freezer, or pots for food storage, which are items sold separately in many retail stores. These items do not have any effect on the price tag at all, and are mostly included as a bonus. It’s a win-win situation!
Disadvantages of Using Baby Food Makers
As with any other product out there, baby food makers do have a few disadvantages, albeit not as numerous as the advantages. They are as follows:
Although baby food makers can help you save up money in the long run, you will need to invest a bit of money in it initially. Usually, the price for an average baby food maker exceeds three figures. Moreover, the cost is influenced by how many features the baby food maker has. If you’re on a budget, you may want to consider a less sophisticated one. Don’t worry, everything is covered in this review so you can make an informed choice!
Lack of Portability
Most baby food makers out there are corded, which means that you cannot use them in all daily activities. For instance, if you want to have a picnic with your family down by the river or in the pristine wilderness, you cannot take your baby food maker with you. You need to prepare the food in advance at home.
Best 8 Baby Food Makers
This machine is among the best baby food makers in the market, and, according to the reviews it has received, it has done wonders for the many parents that have tried it until now. According to the product description, this baby food maker comes in white only, is made of plastic, and features a wide array of functions to enhance user experience. Apart from its basic functions, this baby food maker features a hassle free formula preparation, which entails no measuring, no mixing, and finally, no fuss. Additionally, this device comes packed with a patented mixing technology that only Baby Brezza uses; this technology consists of mixing powder and water so graciously as to ensure perfect consistency without adding any undue air bubbles in the food. This baby food maker is made of the following components:
- Formula powder container, which provides storage for up to 750 grams of formula powder. This is enough to fill 20 8-ounce (roughly 225-gram) bottles.
- Water Tank – the water tank that this device entails can store 50 ounces (roughly 1.5 liters) of water which is kept at near-body temperature for optimal consumption. Due to the fact that is has a wide top opening, it can easily be cleaned
- Control Panel – unlike other baby food makers which have really complicated control panels that require you to read over the user’s guide to be able to use them, this baby food maker’s control panel really breaks the mold. Simply choose the size of the bottle you want to make and press the start button. Within 30 seconds, your bottle will be ready. Simple as that!
- Hassle free formula preparation
- Patented mixing technology
- Temperature control
- Many functions apart from the basic one
- Ease of use
- Some customers complain that this food maker clogs constantly
- According to the same reviews, this device apparently overfills the bottle regardless of the amount you prompt it to fill the bottle with.
Gerber BabyNes is a very popular manufacturer that specializes in producing a wide variety of products. Their recent addition in the market is the Baby Formula Dispenser food maker. This device comes in a single color only, which is white, and is made of plastic and stainless steel. It prepares your baby’s bottle in less than a minute, perfectly mixed, precisely measured at an optimal temperature for your baby. Simply adjust the temperature and pop the formula capsule in. Yes, as simple as that!
Additionally, this product features the following advantages
- Wi-Fi compatible – because of its Wi-Fi compatibility, it can be connected to your smartphone, which allows you keep tabs on every feed, receive feeding alerts and program the next auto-replenishment. It doesn’t get simpler than this!
- Capsule collection service – you can get in touch with the company to request your used capsules so that they can generate energy from waste. However, this is subject to region availability
- Bunch of features that enhance user experience considerably
- Superior hygiene with formula flowing directly from the capsule to the bottle
- There is no pre-heating time
- It works with bottles of any size
- Removable 27 ounces (roughly 0.8 liters) water tank included in the package
- An overwhelmingly high number of reviews
- Some customers complain about the quality of the capsules, which is allegedly inferior relative to other products
- The formula is only available directly from Gerber/Nespresso.
- Not very popular among professionals
Born Free is a widely known producer of baby food makers. Their latest such device is Bottle Genius, a food maker that can prepare your baby’s bottle in the blink of an eye. It is highly customizable, clean, and last but not least, convenient. It accurately portions the infant formula and water, it can be used with all major bottle and infant formula brands, and if your bottle doesn’t fit in, there is an adapter included in the price so that smaller bottles can fit. In addition, this food maker features a cleaning cycle which allows you to sanitize the whole system properly. You do not need to worry about putting your baby’s health in peril with this device!
Let’s cast an eye upon the main pros and cons of this baby food maker.
- easy-to-use dial, which allows the user to customize the size of the bottles from 2 to 10 ounces (roughly 60 ml to 300 ml.)
- compatibility with all major bottle and formula brands
- it accurately portions the infant formula and water with the company’s unique SmartScale technology
- it can be cleaned easily, and there’s very little risk for it to clog due to components used
- A few reviews reveal that this food maker is very messy, in that the formula is thrown all over the place if the device is used incorrectly
- It cannot hold too much water compared with other food makers in the same price range
Balla Bébé’s Auto Baby Milk Maker comes in handy for parents who wish to prepare the infant formula of their babies in the blink of an eye, all the while saving time and baby tears in the process as well. This device comes in only one color, which is white, in addition to various animal patterns printed on its surface. This is actually a great addition in comparison with other baby food makers because it makes it perfect to be gifted to your loved ones, and it can also blend in the house’s décor harmoniously. Additionally, it’s very compact, which means that you can tuck it into your kitchen cabinet without any problems. In the event that it should not fit in, the components are detacheable to put your mind at ease.
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of this baby food maker:
- very compact
- instant heating function
- very easy to use
- works with any bottle size
- Some customers complain that this food maker is very hard to clean
- According to the same reviews, some infant formula is wasted in the process
Yet another Baby Brezza product entry in our list, but this time we are going to review a machine that doesn’t prepare baby food but sterilizes your baby’s bottle upon usage. This 4-in-1 machine can be used for a wide variety of purposes, including sterilizing, drying, sterilizing and drying, and storage rack. This baby bottle sterilizer makes use of natural steam to kill almost 100% of the bottle germs, pacifiers or breast pump parts in less than 8 minutes. The bottles remain sterile for 24 hours unless the lid has been opened in the meantime. You can sterilize up to 6 bottles in a single cycle.
This machine entails a wide array of pros, and very little cons. Let’s run an eye over them.
- Unique drying system, with 30, 45, or 60-minute drying cycles (choice of one)
- Can hold up to 6 bottles in a single cycle, which is considerably more than other sterilizers in the same price range
- Kills up to 99.99% of the germs in the bottles in under 8 minutes
- overwhelming number of positive customer reviews
- one customer complains that his machine broke in under 3 months of intermittent usage, but it might have been a faulty piece nevertheless
- you may find that it is quite loud when using it
This formula maker is renowned in the market for its affordability and, most importantly, its reliability. This machine is manufactured in the USA, is made of plastic, and combines a wide array of features that render the formula an enjoyable drink for your baby. It prepares the formula in less than 2 minutes, and features a filter system that removes all sorts of impurities that may roam in the water. If you are not convinced, there is also an initial hot shot of water which kills absolutely all bacteria that may be present in the infant formula. You can definitely rest assured that this formula maker is an ideal choice for you but most importantly for your baby. Let’s have a look at the pros and cons.
- all bottles come out at the ideal temperature for your baby absolutely every time
- you can prepare the baby formula at the push of two buttons only
- the initial hot shot is a surplus of safety for your baby
- according to most reviews, this baby food maker has a long lifespan
- It’s not really the best baby food maker in its price range, but for the features included, it makes for a great choice nevertheless
- some customers complain that it makes really weird beeping noises that can wake up your baby if he or she is close to the machine
- some customers say that the initial hot shot does not do anything, but this may or may not be true
If you want to serve your baby perfectly-mixed puree, then this machine can definitely meet your needs. Beaba’s machine might be among the greatest baby food makers in the market at the moment, both due to the affordability of the product and the features included, which culminate into the best baby food maker for your baby. This machine can prepare fruit, vegetables, meat or fish in 15 minutes or less, with the aid of a patented steam heating system. It comes packed with a large 4.7 graduated cup, as well as a stainless steel water reservoir. In addition, the machine is BPA, lead and phthalate-free, so you can rest assured that it meets all stringent health standards.
- it can be used for steaming food and preparing puree
- it does not make much noise
- features a bunch of auxiliary functions
- comes packed with many additional items to enhance the food making process
- a customer complains that some plastic parts are leaking and/or melting, but it might have been a faulty piece
- the customer support is said to not be very responsive
- it cannot prepare infant formula
QOOC’s baby food maker is one of the best in the market at the moment, and is purpose-built for busy moms and dads to steam, blend, reheat and defrost homemade baby food in less than 15 minutes. It can be used with the motion of a single hand, which means that you don’t even have to put your baby down in order to use this machine. QOOC’s baby food maker will make puree out of everything, ranging from fruit, nuts, to hard vegetables with the push of a single button. In 3 rounds, you’ll have a delicious puree that can be served to your baby right away. It doesn’t get easier than that!
- made of tritan material
- it does not make much noise in the process of blending and mixing, so you don’t have to worry that your baby will be woken up
- there is a recipe booklet included in the package in case you have no idea what to prepare for your baby. None of the baby food makers that we have reviewed until now boast this advantage!
- Only 5-star reviews!!! Very impressive
- There are no cons associated with this product! It might just be the best baby food maker out there!
The best baby food maker out there combines affordability and reliability harmoniously to provide you and especially your baby with the best puree or infant formula that money can buy. By now, based on the products that reviewed, you probably have already made your mind regarding what product you will buy. I hope I was of great help, and that you will be completely satisfied with your choice. You can rest assured that I picked only the best baby food makers out there, so whatever you end up choosing, you will have made the right choice. In other words, whatever you choose, you can’t go wrong. Best of luck!
There are often many discount offer up to 70% in amazon. Do check for the these options with our link and know the benefit of saving your bank some bucks.