An Ultimate Guide to Help You Choose the Best Baby Floor Seat for Your Special One
Introduction – baby floor seats
There is no wrong that you look for the best baby floor seat for your little one. An attractive quote reads ‘sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart’. Yes, this quote very well goes with a new member of your family. With all pain, you have so far protected your baby in your arms providing her the required warmth. Now that she can hold her head up and you should understand that she will naturally have the interest in seeing the things around her. So, this is the right time to get the best baby floor seat for her.
What is a baby floor seat?
If you have not heard the term earlier, you might be interested in learning what the product is all about. It is a chair or safety gear to hold your baby safe in sitting position. As she is yet to grow to sit on her own, it is highly important that you should select the best baby floor seat that will be safe for her growing spine.
Is investing on a baby floor seat really essential?
As you are a new mom, you will have a lot of work to do like preparing foods for your baby and keeping her things organized, etc. You cannot do all these tasks holding your baby in one hand. Of course, you can complete the tasks when she is sleeping. But, you too need rest and this is possible for you only when the baby sleeps. So, just keep your baby seated on the floor seat and complete all your tasks without the fear of baby falling or picking unwanted things from the floor. Here are some reasons to consider buying a seat for your little one:
- This seat will provide the opportunity for your little one to interact with the things happening around her.
- It motivates strength and mobility to your baby
- To help your baby keep amused, most of the best models come with teething toys and other colorful hangings
- You can get some rest from always watching your baby
- Better support for your baby during the early developmental stages.
Factors to consider when shopping for baby floor seat:
When it comes to shopping for a floor seat for your baby, it is important that you should consider certain factors. Even though there are many crucial factors to consider, there are three highly important factors that will help you choose the best baby floor seat. Let us explore:
The sitting position:
Some infant sitting chairs can put the little bodies in unhelpful and unnatural sitting positions. This type of chair with scooped out bucket seat permits moms to put their babies in them before actually the baby has achieved the development required for sitting in a seat.
In addition, you should remember that poor positioning of the pelvis can affect the posture of the entire body of your little one. This can lead to rounded back and even for some babies, it can lead to squashing of the back of the neck.
Solution: The best solution to this issue is to opt for a baby chair for infants with a flat sitting surface. Also, before you position your baby in the seat, you can see whether she shows the readiness to sit
Leg position and support:
As against their bums, little ones generally learn to sit using their feet and legs. This means that you can go for the chair that permits your little one to use her entire legs and feet to be in contact with the surface in which she sits. This means that she will be able to get a bigger sitting surface. Also, it will help with better balance. In addition, make sure that the chair that you choose should provide some space for the legs to move as against the baby’s legs being completely immobilized.
Shopping tip: You can go for the best baby floor seat that provides support under the legs of the infant and permit her to move.
In general, babies who do not know how to sit tend to wobble. So, it is highly important that the chair that you shop for the little should support better support for wobbling. To permit wobbling, the seat should permit the baby to use her arms to correct the wobbles.
Buying tip: Considering this factor, you can choose the best seat to help baby sit up with a tray that comes to the level of the chest. If such a tray is present, the baby will use her own arm to support in the case of wobbling.
Features to consider when shopping for the best baby floor seat:
There are certain features that can make the baby floor seat the best choice for your little one in a number of ways. Here is the list of features that can make your choice worthy:
- Variety of colors
- Addition of playset arches
- Lightweight and easy to handle
- Safety harness of the little one to stay safe
- Foot pads and soft fabric for the soft skin of the baby
- Facility to increase the size to accommodate the growing baby
- Rotating tray to help your baby reach the required toy with ease once she starts growing
- Inclusion of feeding tray
In addition to these features and the three factors mentioned above, you should also consider the growth of your baby and should accordingly make the right choice. Of course, you should consider the suitability of the seat accordingly to the age of your baby.
Types of baby floor seat:
Before you shop for the best baby floor seat for your little wonder, it is important that you should be aware of the fact that this product is available in different types like:
- Simple baby floor seat
- Floor seat with play arch
- Playset seats
- Swivel seats
- Convertible seats
Furthermore, these seats are available in different materials like all over polyurethane seat, plastic or polyurethane seat with seat cover made out of washable fabric, and plastic seat with removable foam liner.
Now, you have a fundamental idea about infant chair sit up. But, your intention is to find the best baby floor seat for your hearty, isn’t? So, to help you with the selection, we have reviewed the top 6 picks to make your selection easier:
Top 6 Baby Floor Seat:
Bumbo multi seat is the most popular choice when it comes to chairs for babies. It is called as a multi seat because it is a 3-in-1 unit. Yes, not just as a floor seat, it can also act as the baby booster and feeding seat for your little angel.
The overall stability and also the 3-point harness will make the feeding time of your baby to keep hassle-free for you as she will be seated in a single position. As the seat comes with padded foam, it will be pain-free for the baby to spend hours on the chair. So, you can complete all your tasks when your little one remains seated. To handle the rocking movement, this chair comes with a wide base and also a feeding tray. The wide base also ensures better stability. Now, it is time for us to get into the pros and cons of this unit:
- The seat comes with three different color choices to choose
- To prevent falls and slips and to ensure safety of your baby, the chair comes with three-point safety harness
- As it is a lightweight chair, you can easily carry it along wherever you take your baby
- You can save on your shopping as you get three products in a single unit
- This chair is suitable for kids from 6 months to 3 years and so it is an excellent investment as it is designed understanding the growth of your baby.
- There is nothing to entertain your baby on the seat. Of course, you can place a play set that you separately purchase on the tray when the baby is seated
- As the leg holes are not adjustable, you might have difficulty in taking your baby out, if your baby has bigger thighs.
This lightweight and soft floor seat for babies comes with a tray that can be adjusted, a toy that attaches to the tray and also a placemat. This infant sitting chair comes with a strap, such that you can secure your baby in the seat. Further, you can also secure the seat to a chair to keep your baby at equal height when you sit in a chair to feed her or to spend some time with her. This product is suitable for babies starting from 3 months. Let us get into the pros and cons:
- The seat is made out of non-toxic material
- To easily get your baby in and out the leg slots are wider in this seat from Prince Lionheart
- As the back is up high, this seat can provide excellent support to the back of your baby. This feature makes it the safe first seat for your baby.
- It is the great choice not just for playtime, but also for feeding and traveling
- It is made out of durable material, but it is lightweight and easy to wipe.
- The placemat is decorated in attractive colors like the color of watermelon, orange fruit, and blue berry in different colored chairs. The colorful placemat is an attraction for babies.
- On our review, we found that toy attachment is really good, but once your baby grows, she will throw the toy away
- Even though the placemat is colorful it comes off easily when you wash.
From our review of the best baby floor seat, we should say that this model from Mamas and Papas should not be stated as a floor seat alone. Yes, it is a two-in-one unit with playset attached to keep your kid entertained at the chair. To make sure that your baby gets the right comfort and support, this chair is ergonomically designed. So, your baby will enjoy the feeding time and also the play time sitting in this Mamas and Papas bumbo. Now, you should know the pros and cons of this unit, isn’t? Let us explore:
- To ensure safety positioning of your baby, this baby chair comes with a rigid center piece.
- The wide and sturdy base will bring you complete peace of mind
- As the chair grows with your baby, you can stay confident about investing in this chair as the first floor support chair for your little one.
- The play tray with this unit has 8 interactive features inclusive of rotating lion, reversible squeaker pad, teether, and twist bendy stalk with a rattle, spinning flower, and roller bead ball. All these things will keep your baby engaged and joyful when she is seated on the chair.
- You will find that it is easier to get the baby in and out of this chair
- You have the option to use the chair with or without tray attachment.
- The modern colors and easy-to-clean feature really attracts most moms
- The deep seat and high back will provide the best protection to your kiddo.
- The con associated with this product is that it is suitable for babies only until their 9 months.
- As compared to the other options available in the market, it is a bit expensive
If you are concerned about the space available in your home, but are highly particularly about shopping for the best baby floor seat, you can opt for this chair from the Fisher Price. The great space-saving feature of this chair is that when not in use, you can just fold it and can keep under the table. Once, the baby is back after a short nap, you can just bring the chair to life to provide room for your baby. Now, let us evaluate the pros and cons of this chair for your baby:
- The soft fabric will be friendly to the soft skin of your baby
- The wide base will keep your baby safe
- The foot of your baby can rest on the fabric covered mat. The foot pads when kicked by your baby will create squeaker sound to entertain your kid.
- The excellent feature associated with this chair is that you can fold it for easy travel and storage. The accompanying tray that comes along with this chair can be stored under the folded seat.
- This chair weighs close to 8 pounds, which might not make it the ideal travel companion.
- The squeaky sound is produced only when it is hit hard and so your baby might not do this with his little legs.
This is yet another innovative addition to the lineup of the best baby floor seat. Its design is the most important aspect that makes this chair the ideal choice for your baby. The user-friendly design along with the safe plastic used in the manufacture of this chair ensures durability and comfort.
- As it is made out of plastic, you can easily clean the chair to maintain hygiene, which is highly important for the health of your baby
- To ensure portability and easy storage, this chair comes with a tray included at the base of the chair.
- You can use this chair until your baby becomes a toddler as the soft foam insert removes to grow with your little one.
- To keep your baby safe, the chair comes with three-point harness
- There is also a safety strap to keep the baby chair secured to your dining chair.
- No toys are included in this product and so there is nothing to entertain your baby when she is seated.
- It comes under the category of chairs for babies with medium weight. If you prefer a lightweight model, this can be an issue for you.
In addition to providing the tray for feeding your baby, this reclining chair comes with three reclining positions. This means that in addition to spending playtime, your baby can also sleep in this chair. Its compact size makes it ideal for usage in any place.
- The tray is safe for dishwasher and so you can ensure safety of your baby
- Three recline positions, 2 height positions, and 5-point adjustable harness helps you choose the position that is ideal for your baby.
- You can easily convert the chair into an upright chair or a reclining chair on the basis of the mood of your baby, whether she wants to play or sleep.
- The seat pad provides utmost comfort to your baby and it is machine washable as well.
- The tray is somewhat difficult to remove
- As the tray is close to the seat, there is no room for larger babies
At the end of the day as the popular saying goes ‘the most precious jewels you will have around your neck are the arms of your children’. But, you cannot always carry her wherever you go. She also needs some place to spend her time apart from your hands. So, you can do the best favor for her growth by choosing one of the best baby floor seats for her. Are you ready to make the best choice?
There are often many discount offer up to 70% in amazon. Do check for the these options with our link and know the benefit of saving your bank some bucks.